The art of deal designing could be very helpful to make things go your way during a negotiation.
In this part of the Ultimate list of Negotiation Techniques, I teach you exactly that. We go over several clever negotiation techniques that you can use to design a deal in your favor.
Each technique is explained in depth with scenario examples.
- I explain how demand inflation could be a useful tactic in designing a deal in your favor
- How asking for upgrades even if you don’t get the upgrade could be a good idea?
- Making an unrealistic counter offer as an extremely powerful tool in deal design
- How to use bundling to improve your position in a negotiation?
- What is a giveaway list? how to incorporate them while making counter offers?
- How no response to any counter offer could motivate the other side to improve their offer
- Make yourself standout using differentiating tactics
- Use human nature of being fair to your advantage
- Dramatizing a certain point: an extremely powerful tool
- What to do when you need more time for a negotiation?
- Indicate the interest of the other side using waste of time tactics
- Use process change tactic to indicate how much the other side wants to do business with you
- You can use tactics used by suppliers as a buyer
- Aggressive tactics pose high risk but could give high rewards, use them cautiously
- Research shows to use precise statements are more acceptable to the other side
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below (I respond to every comment!)
- Ask a question over at Ask Me Anything
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
To help out the show: